The Ngāi Tahu Fund recently announced a new funding initiative, Taiawatea, which aims to recognise rangatahi who are keen to develop and express leadership in Ngāi Tahutanga. The Fund will consider applications from Ngāi Tahu rangatahi to engage in cultural leadership opportunities in mahi toi, te reo, tikanga, whenua, mana tangata, ngā uara, mahinga kai,…
Calling for Cultural Projects
Hui-ā-Iwi 2017 is an opportunity to reconnect with whānau, meet new people and celebrate being Ngāi Tahu. There will be a variety of things to do and see. It’s also a chance for you to get involved to showcase your interests, passions and talents to Ngāi Tahu whānui.
The Ngāi Tahu Fund will support Ngāi Tahu whānau, hapū and iwi to contribute to Hui-ā-Iwi 2017.
Applications are now open and will close on Friday 29th September 2017 at 5pm.
This funding is for whānau and hapū to prepare, contribute and represent Ngāi Tahutanga at Hui-ā-Iwi 2017.
Applications that will be considered include;
- Interactive workshops and wānanga for whānau
- Other projects that will enhance Ngāi Tahu Cultural Revitalisation, and the intergenerational growth of cultural knowledge
- Usual Ngāi Tahu Fund Criteria applies (full criteria is available in the Ngāi Tahu Fund application form)
- Please note that funding is not available for stallholders/or those selling merchandise
- Projects must align to at least one of the nine Cultural Pillars of Ngāi Tahutanga (refer to application form for full list)
- Please use the attached Ngāi Tahu Fund application form
- A letter of support from the Hui-ā-Iwi Planning Group is required. For further details please contact: Nicole.Manawatu-Brennan@ngaitahu.iwi.nz
NB: Applications solely for travel to attend Hui-ā-Iwi 2017
All applications must be received by Friday 29th September, late applications will not be accepted. The Ngāi Tahu Funds Committee will review all projects, and approved funds will be announced shortly thereafter in October.
Ngā kaupapa iti (small projects) – up to $5,000
- Individuals who are registered Ngāi Tahu whānau may apply.
- Legal entities with Ngāi Tahu association may apply.
Ngā kaupapa nui (medium projects) – $5,000 to $10,000
- Legal entity required.
- Individuals cannot apply for this funding.
- Ngāi Tahu association.
For more information contact Funds Manager, Jennifer Walsh on 0800 5248248 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org