Kā Pūtea Grants
Kā Putea Grants have increased and students may now be eligible for up to $500 in your first year of study, $1000 in your second year and $1500 in your third and subsequent years. Provided some criteria are met.
The opening and closing dates have now changed
Grants now open between
1st of March – 28th of April
1st of July – 30th August
Proof of engagement declarations must be submitted for approval between
2nd of October and 30th of November
As part of this change we can provide pathways for you to learn, connect and engage with Ngāi Tahutanga.
- Year 1 is around engagement. This may involve completing a simple online course, pronunciation or learning your pepeha.
- Year 2 is around connections. This may involve learning about Ngāi Tahu history, the settlement and connecting with your papatipu rūnanga.
- Year 3 is around giving back to the iwi. This is an extension of the connections that have been formed and how whānau can use this to contribute back.
To be successful you will need to meet these criteria.
To help you achieve your criteria we are available to answer questions and the following links and contacts will be useful:
- http://www.kmk.maori.nz Explore the Kotahi Mano Kāika website to find out about and register for Ngai Tahu events occurring soon such as Kia Kūrapa. Also find the free resources available for you and your whānau to download.
- http://ngaitahu.iwi.nz On the Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu website you can find out about and register for Ngai Tahu events occurring soon. There is a contact page for the Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu office based in Christchurch as well as a contact page for each papatipu rūnanga if you want to engage with them directly.
- http://ngaitahu.iwi.nz/whanau/opportunities/ Explore our whānau opportunities page where there are not only other funding options but where there is access to internships, courses like Aoraki Bound and other engagement ideas.