Te Pou Here
‘Te Pou Here’ refers to the mooring post and comes from “te pou here takata, te pou here tikaka” – the post that ties the people and the customs together.
This is a central place where our people can choose to connect, network and unite.
It’s about connecting and belonging as Ngāi Tahu
Te Pou Here can help you connect to your iwi and give you information about professional and cultural development, employment and business opportunities across the Ngāi Tahu businesses owned at a tribal level.
How do I get involved?
Choose one of three profiles to complete, depending on where you are in your career.
- Te Pou Here Kaupapa – Ngāi Tahu Business Owner Profile
Do you own a Business? Are you interested in networking or sharing knowledge and letting your iwi know more about your business?
- Te Pou Here Takata – Ngāi Tahu Professionals Profile
Are you established in your career and looking for opportunities to engage and connect with your iwi? Are you keen to let your iwi know where you are at in your career?
- Pūreirei – Ngāi Tahu Career Starters Profile
Are you looking to kick-start your career?
Register with Te Pou Here here.
Te Pou Here voucher prize draw terms and conditions
From time to time Te Pou Here may conduct a prize draw (Prize Draw).
Note the following:
- A Prize Draw will be conducted by the Iwi Capability team (Iwi Capability), within Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, within 14 days of the end of the relevant Promotional Period.
- Entries will be randomly drawn.
- The Promotional Period for the Te Pou Here voucher Prize Draw is from 21 December 2017 to 10 January 2018.
- The winner of a Prize Draw will be notified using the contact details they provided when registering for Te Pou Here.
- Entrants are responsible for supplying a correct postal address, email address and telephone number. If an entrant cannot be contacted Iwi Capability reserve the right to undertake a redraw.
- The winner of the Prize Draw will not incur costs in order to collect the prize.
- Iwi Capability reserves the right to request proof of registration, payment and/or membership (if applicable) from a person claiming a prize.
- There is no entry fee or ticket for the Prize Draw.
- All entries become the property of Iwi Capability and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes, or passed onto a third party for their marketing purposes.
- Winners agree to the use of their name and photograph(s), by Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation. Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu will own copyright in any such photograph(s) and in all material incorporating the photograph(s).
- Competition winners will be listed on the Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu Facebook page. Your name and location may therefore be published if you are a winner.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. In the event that a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the teams control, Iwi Capability may substitute a prize of equal value.
- Neither Iwi Capability nor any other person associated with a Prize Draw shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in a Prize Draw or the use of any prize offered, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Employees of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu or any of its subsidiary entities, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu Representatives or employees of any company involved in the Prize Draw, or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
- If for any reason Iwi Capability considers that a Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, Iwi Capability reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw.
- Iwi Capability reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be deemed to be incorporated into these terms and conditions.
- Iwi Capability decision in relation to any aspects of a Prize Draw is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The Iwi Capability Programme Leader’s discretion may be called upon and the Programme Leader’s decision will be final.
- Iwi Capability respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and complies with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
- The winner will be determined by Iwi Capability who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
- The organiser of the Prize Draw is Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, 15 Show Place, Christchurch.
- If you have a comment, query or complaint about any activity provided by the Prize Draw you may register it with Iwi Capability who can be contacted by email at email@example.com . Please provide your name and a contact email address or telephone number so that your query can be addressed as soon as possible.