As a post-Settlement iwi we are only 20 years along this journey. We have much to be proud of, and much to look forward to. We want to ensure our future development as an iwi is shaped by the aspirations of our people, a deep understanding of the environments they live in and the challenges they face.
To capture this data so it can shape our planning, we have developed a Ngāi Tahu Whānau Survey and we need your help.
The more completed surveys we receive, the better our insight and future planning will be.
For this first survey, we are recording an important baseline of information against which we can measure our tribe’s changing demographics and give us a better understanding of what is important to Ngāi Tahu whānau.
To thank you for your time, on completion of the survey your whakapapa number will be entered into a weekly draw to win prizes including iPads, Ngāi Tahu Pounamu, and Whai Rawa $100 koha vouchers!
See below for full Terms and Conditions.
The sooner you complete your survey, the more chances you have to win! Getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- To complete the survey you will need your whakapapa or registration number. This ensures that only registered Ngāi Tahu whānau complete the survey and each person completes it only once. If you don’t know yours, visit https://whats-my-registration-number.ngaitahu.iwi.nz/ or call 0800 KAI TAHU (0800 524 8242) for help.
- For the online version, your password is your whakapapa number followed by your surname, all in lowercase with no spaces. For example if your whakapapa number is 123456 and your surname is Te Hau, your password is “123456tehau”. The second screen asks you to select a language. Please click “English (UK)” in order to have macrons displayed.
- To log in and get started click on Ngāi Tahu Whānau Survey
Please also have a read of our Frequently Asked Questions [PDF].
If you would prefer a paper survey, please contact email@example.com or call 0800 KAI TAHU (0800 524 8248) and we will post a copy to you. Please note you will still need your whakapapa number for the paper version.
If you would like personal assistance to complete the survey please contact us and we’ll organise one of our Whānau Survey Champions to help you complete it.
- If you live in the Ngāi Tahu takiwā we’ll arrange to visit you if possible.
- If you live outside the Ngāi Tahu takiwā we can assist you over the phone or via a video call.
We really appreciate your feedback as we forge this path together. Mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei – for us and our children after us.
Terms and Conditions for Prize Draws
- Ngāi Tahu Whānau Survey 2018 Prize Draws (“Prize Draws”) are being conducted by Programme Manager Aimee Kaio on behalf of a Whānau Survey Team (“WS Team”) for the Office of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu (“TRoNT”).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Prize Draws.
- On completion of their Whānau Survey, Ngāi Tahu whānau will be automatically entered into the Prize Draws via their whakapapa number.
- All entries are anonymous until a whakapapa number is randomly selected in a prize draw, at which time the whakapapa team will be asked to provide contact details for the winner.
- The Whānau Survey officially launches on 8 March 2018 and concludes on 6 May 2018.
- Whānau members who completed the survey prior to the official launch will have their whakapapa numbers automatically entered.
- The WS Team reserve the right to extend the conclusion date for the purposes of enabling more Ngāi Tahu whānau to complete their surveys and enter a Prize Draw.
- Prize Draws will be conducted weekly by the WS Team, commencing on Monday 12 March 2018 and concluding on Monday 7 May 2018 or later if the survey period is extended (see Clause 7).
- By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Once a prize has been accepted, the winner’s whakapapa number will not be eligible to win further prizes.
- Prize winners may decline their prize if they do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- If a prize is declined, whakapapa numbers will be redrawn until a whānau member wishes to accept a prize and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Winners will be notified directly by the WS Team using the contact details held in the TRoNT whakapapa database.
- The Winner’s name and photo will be published on TRoNT social media channels for the purposes of promoting the Whānau Survey and Prize Draws.
- The WS Team reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to Ngāi Tahu whānau via the Whānau Survey page on the TRoNT website and the TRoNT Facebook page.
- Prizes include iPads, Ngāi Tahu pounamu, Whai Rawa $100 savings vouchers. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Prizes are offered for the sole purposes of encouraging Ngāi Tahu whānau to complete their Whānau Survey as soon as possible.
- The WS Team will liaise with the winner to arrange delivery of the prize.
- The WS Team’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draws will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.