Calling for Ngāi Tahu Fund Applications
Hui-ā-Iwi 2019 is an opportunity to reconnect with whānau, meet new people and celebrate being Ngāi Tahu. There will be a variety of things to do and see. It’s also a chance for you to get involved to showcase your interests, passions and talents to Ngāi Tahu whānui.
This funding is for whānau and hapū who have cultural projects that they wish to showcase at Hui-ā-Iwi 2019 (22-24 November).
Applications that will be considered include;
- Interactive workshops and wānanga for whānau
- Other projects that will enhance Ngāi Tahu Cultural Revitalisation, and the intergenerational growth of cultural knowledge
- Usual Ngāi Tahu Fund Criteria applies (full criteria is available in the Ngāi Tahu Fund application form)
- Please note that funding is not available for stallholders/or those selling merchandise
- Projects must align to at least one of the Pillars of Ngāi Tahutanga (refer to application form for full list of pillars)
- Please use the attached Ngāi Tahu Fund application form
- An email /letter of endorsement from the Hui-ā-Iwi Planning Committee will be required to confirm your cultural project at Hui-ā-Iwi (Ngāi Tahu Fund to contact the Committee upon submission of the application)
- Funding to support Papatipu Rūnanga kapa haka will be available from Te Atakura Organising Committee.
- NB: Applications solely for attendance will be declined.
No late applications will be accepted. The Ngāi Tahu Funds Committee will assess tono on Thursday 26th September and approved funds will be announced shortly thereafter in early-October.
Ngā kaupapa iti (small projects) – up to $5,000
- Individuals who are registered Ngāi Tahu whānau may apply
- Legal entities with Ngāi Tahu association may apply.
Ngā kaupapa nui (medium projects) – $5,000 to $10,000
- Legal entity required
- Individuals cannot apply for this funding
- Ngāi Tahu association.
For more information, please contact Ngāi Tahu Funds Advisor, Morgan Lee on 0800 KAI TAHU or email [email protected]
Applications close Friday 6 September 2019