Hui-ā-iwi is our tribal gathering. It is a celebration of whanaungatanga and Ngāi Tahutanga. It is about remembering and connecting as iwi, hapū, and whānau. This year’s theme is revitalisation. It is a call to Ngāi Tahu whānau throughout Aotearoa and the world to be part of revitalising our connection to our whakapapa and whenua.
If you missed Hui-ā-iwi or wanted to relive some of the highlights, you can watch the recordings here.
Day 1 – 26 November
- Watch the Pōwhiri
- Listen to Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu Kaiwhakahaere Lisa Tumahai and Ngāi Tahu Holdings Chair Mike Pohio report back to whānau on the highlights, challenges and opportunities for the iwi
- Enjoy Te Atakura.
Day 2 – 27 November
- Watch the presentations led by Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu and Arowhenua Rūnanga
- Listen to the Open Forum questions and answers
Panel Discussions – 26 November
- Panel Discussion 1 – Te Kura Taka Pini Rangatiratanga
- Panel Discussion 2 – Tangata Ngāi Tahu: People of Ngāi Tahu Volume Two