Earn while you learn – Technical Cadetship jobs available now
A little bit of history about the Cadetship
Following the Canterbury earthquakes, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu joined forces with Aurecon to create opportunities for Ngāi Tahu in the Canterbury rebuild. Aurecon have delivered some award winning projects all over the world providing engineering, management and specialist technical services. For more information about Aurecon go to www.aurecongroup.com
As part of the partnership, Aurecon established a cadetship programme, which has a limited number of ‘earn while you learn’ positions available to Ngāi Tahu whānau.
Cadets will work at the Aurecon Christchurch office, in the area best suited to their skills, with the aim of becoming a professional draftsperson or technician.
What is available?
There are two cadet positions available in 2015 for Ngāi Tahu whānau. We are looking for two Ngāi Tahu rangatahi who are keen to learn, display a positive attitude, are passionate about the industry and who want to be part of a team helping to rebuild Christchurch.
- First position is a Cadet Drafter in the Building Services team, they focus on developing technical drawings for land or building projects
- Second position is an EngineeringTechnician and dependant on the quality of candidate will determine what team this person becomes a part of.
Aurecon will provide you with:
- A job first and foremost!
- Training and development opportunities relevant to your course of study
- Support to build the technical skills you need to work in our industry
- Aurecon will also pick up the tab for your CPIT courses!
Ngāi Tahu will provide you with:
- Support to help you develop your cultural identity
- Opportunities to increase your cultural knowledge and strengthen your connectedness to your hapū and iwi
- As well as several other options for you to be a part of like cultural wānanga, hīkoi, mentoring and many more.