Pūtea Manaaki COVID-19
Emergency Relief Fund
The purpose of the Pūtea Manaaki COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is to:
- Provide financial support to registered Ngāi Tahu whānau directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic for the purposes of retraining or to increase employment options.
- Enable and support tribal members’ rangatiratanga (self-determination).
Fund grant application criteria
- Applicants must be registered with Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu and need to have been directly negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Only one application per registered Ngāi Tahu member.
- Only complete applications received using the official application form (see below) will be processed.
- Failure to provide all the information requested may make applications invalid.
How to apply for a fund grant
Applications must be made by completing the application form below.
Applicants MUST provide an explanation about why their application for a Pūtea Manaaki COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund grant should be considered AND supporting evidence.
Applications must be sent to [email protected] or to P O Box 13 046, Christchurch 8141, New Zealand. They must be received by 12 July 2020 at 11.59pm.
- Click Here to download the digital application form. This can be filled out and signed on your computer (in Adobe Acrobat) and returned via email.
- Click Here to download an application form for printing. This can be printed, scanned and emailed, or printed and mailed in.
All applications must also include the following:
- Proof of identity (e.g. a copy of your driver licence, passport or Community Services Card).
- Proof of residential address (e.g. a copy of a power, phone or internet bill or statement).
- Details of a New Zealand or Australian bank account in the applicant’s name (e.g. a deposit slip or a bank statement).
- Applicants should expect to be notified of the outcome of their application between 10 and 14 days after the submission date.
- Grants can be paid only into New Zealand or Australian bank accounts.
- Pūtea Manaaki COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund grants are available at the sole discretion of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu. Grant decisions will be made in accordance with the relevant Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu policy.
- The maximum amount that will be awarded per application is NZ$500.
- Some applications may not be successful as funds are limited.