Tikanga hou, oranga hou – Changing habits, changing lives
Whai Rawa is a medium to long term savings programme set up by Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu in 2006 to improve the wellbeing of Ngāi Tahu whānau. Whai Rawa aims to provide a vehicle for distributions to whānau, encouraging savings for home ownership, education and retirement, being a ‘best of class’ savings vehicle and growing financial capability. If you are living in New Zealand or Australia and are a registered Ngāi Tahu tribal member you are eligible to join Whai Rawa.
Benefits of Whai Rawa
Te Rūnanga supports Whai Rawa by providing matched savings, annual distributions, newborn distributions as well as meeting most of the administration costs.
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu currently contributes:
- Matched contributions to members currently at 4:1 for child members (under 16) and 1:1 for adult members (under 65) up to a maximum of $200 per annum*.
- Distributions to all members under 65 regardless of their ability to save**
- Newborn distribution of $100* for each member enrolled with Whai Rawa before their first birthday.
- All costs and expenses, other than Fund Manager fees, will be met by Te Rūnanga while Whai Rawa Fund Limited remains the manager of Whai Rawa.
Whai Rawa Fund Limited is the issuer of the Whai Rawa Unit Trust.
A copy of the Product Disclosure Statement is available at www.whairawa.com/pds.
To sign up or for further information visit:
- * Te Rūnanga matched savings and distributions (when applicable) are available to all members under 65 years of age (see the Product Disclosure Statement) and are subject to RSCT (retirement scheme contribution tax) deducted at your personal RSCT rate (see the Other Material Information document at www.whairawa.com). Distribution payments are made no later than 31 March in the calendar year following payment. Download our PDS at www.whairawa.com/pds
- **The annual level of contribution may differ between calendar years and between members. Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu may choose to cease or reduce contributions.