COVID-19 Support Services
Ngāi Tahu affiliated support service providers
These providers offer services within the takiwā to support whānau impacted by COVID-19.
Ārai Te Uru Whare Hauora LTD
(03) 471 9960
Arowhenua Whānau Services
(03) 615 5180
Awarua Whānau Services
0800 292 782
Hokonui Rūnanga Health and Social Services Trust
(03) 208 7954
Ngā Kete Mātauranga Pounamu Charitable Trust
0800 925 242 or (03) 214 5260
Poutini Waiora – Health & Social Services
0800 333 170 or (03) 755 6572
(03) 471 9960 (ext 2)
Te Tai O Marokura
(03) 319 5801
Government support services
There are a range of government services available to support whānau. You can connect with these services by visiting the COVID-19 website.
Additional support services
Mental Health Support
If you need to talk to someone now:
- 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor.
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP).
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO).
- Healthline – 0800 611 116
- Depression Helpline – 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 (to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions).
- OUTLine NZ – 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) provides confidential telephone support for lgbt+ support.
- Youthline – 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email [email protected] or online chat.
- thelowdown.co.nz – or email [email protected] or free text 5626 for support for young people.
- What’s Up – 0800 942 8787 (for 5–18 year olds). Phone counselling is available Monday to Friday, 12noon–11pm and weekends, 3pm–11pm. Online chat is available from 3pm–10pm 7 days a week, including all public holidays.
Apps, online advice and programs
Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) programs
- Centre for Clinical Interventions provides Cognitive Behavioral self-help resources for a range of difficulties such as depression, worry, health anxiety, sleep, self-compassion. They provide quick information guides, worksheets and comprehensive modules.
- Beating the Blues is the most widely used evidence-based online CBT programme for relieving depression
- Just a thought is a free online CBT and therapy for all New Zealanders. Courses for anxiety, depression and COVID related stress.
- depression.org.nz is a New Zealand-based website that uses CBT-based online self-help programmes for depression and anxiety.
- auntydee.co.nz is a CBT-based approach for wellbeing, anxiety and stress that has been adapted for Pasifika cultural groups by LeVa
- SPARX is a New Zealand CBT-based online resource for young people.
- Sparklers at Home is a resource for parents to talk with their primary-school-aged children about their mental health and wellbeing, and the return of Covid-19.
- Hummingly offers tools and videos to support your workforce.