The Mazzetta Company Scholarship Fund is a trust for the advancement of education.
Scholarships aim to support registered Ngāi Tahu whānau and other Māori in their career development in the fishing and or seafood industry. This includes but is not limited to commercial fishing and processing, marine biology, aquaculture, marine science, sea fisheries and freshwater fisheries.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- be of Māori descent;
- be engaged in or seeking to engage in the fishing industry;
- be seeking to advance their education in fishing, preferably in areas related to commercial fishing and processing;
- complete the application form with all relevant information and supporting documents.
- Proof of bank account (these need to be verified and clearly show the applicant’s bank account name and number)
- Letter of support – this needs to be from a Ngāi Tahu/Māori person or group who can attest to the applicant’s suitability for a Mazzetta Scholarship ie Ngāi Tahu mentor, Papatipu Rūnanga; or kaumātua
- Proof of enrolment of current study details/course.
Applications will open 1 June 2022 and close on 9 August 2022.
Apply online for a Mazzetta Scholarship.
Not sure if you’re eligible? That’s OK! Let’s talk.
Email [email protected].