Emergency Relief Fund Pūtea Manaaki
The Pūtea Manaaki Emergency Relief Fund will provide assistance to Ngāi Tahu whānui members registered with Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu who have been directly affected following a natural disaster emergency where:
- a state of emergency has been declared or
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu declares an emergency event.
Pūtea Manaaki will not fund damages, i.e., anything that insurance will cover.
Applications are made on a household basis and only ONE application per household will be approved.
Applicants must provide a brief explanation of how they and their whānau have been directly affected by the emergency event, for example:
- You have been evacuated from your home;
- Your primary family home was damaged or lost (note, funds are not available in respect of damage to holiday homes / baches or investment properties); or
- You were in the area at the time of the emergency and have incurred costs as a consequence (evidence may be requested).
Registered with Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu.
Directly affected by the emergency grant.
Level of funding available
The Emergency Relief Fund is available at the sole discretion of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu. Funds are limited; some applications may not be granted.
Decisions on the grant will be made in accordance with relevant Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu policy. The maximum amount that will be awarded in any case is up to $750NZD.
Open/Close Dates (if applicable)
This Fund is open on a case-by-case basis. Applications are currently open for whānau affected by Cyclone Jasper.
How to Apply
Registration with Ngāi Tahu
If you are not yet registered with Ngāi Tahu, we encourage you to begin the process. More information available here.
You will receive confirmation of enrolment from the Whakapapa team at this time.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0800 KAI TAHU (0800 524 8248) or +64 3 974 0326