Empowering Home Ownership
Nōhaka Rau is a Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu programme aimed at empowering all Ngāi Tahu whānau in their home ownership journey.
In partnership with Mokowhiti Consultancy, whānau will receive tailored support and financial advice. Whānau who meet bank lending criteria and Nōhaka Rau programme criteria may receive additional support for their deposit.
What support will you get?
- Financial literacy support including budgeting.
- Whānau will get free tailored support from a financial consultant who will guide you through the steps in buying a home.
- Advice from financial consultant in getting a deposit together.
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu may consider an application to provide a top up to your deposit to meet requirements. This is interest free for 15 years.
- Advice on insurances and Will.
Nōhaka Rau home ownership programme is ideal for Ngāi Tahu registered whānau who:
- Are first home buyers or second chance buyers
- Want to live in the Ngāi Tahu takiwā
- Are committed to attend free online home ownership and financial capability workshops
- Have a minimum household income of $80,000 and a maximum of $130,000 per year (intergenerational household can earn more). This is in line with current home loan lending criteria.
Workshops are closed for 2023 and will re-open February 2024
Kāinga Ora Home Ownership – Shared Equity Programme for First Home
Looking at buying your first home but not sure where to start? Kāinga Ora offers several products and resources that can give you a helping hand toward home ownership. Have a look at what could be right for you. Find out more here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
For any pātai please contact: Trudy Thomson [email protected]