Pūtea Manaaki – Sport
General Criteria for Funding Assistance
- Applicant must be registered on the Ngāi Tahu (Whakapapa) register.
- Applications can be submitted at any time on the official application form. The number of applications per person is limited to one per year. (Note: there is a 12 month stand down period from date of approval)
- Proof of identity is required e.g., drivers licence, passport, community services card.
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu staff are not eligible to apply.
- There will be no retrospective funding
Pūtea Manaaki – Sporting Recognition Grant
The purpose of this grants is to recognise regional and national achievement in sport. Any enrolled Ngāi Tahu person chosen to represent their region for a specific event is entitled to a $100 contribution towards their participation costs. Any enrolled Ngāi Tahu person chosen to represent nationally for a specific event is entitled to a $200 contribution towards their participation costs. Payment is normally made to the sporting body where they are responsible for organising travel/participation.
Specific Criteria for Recognition of Sporting Achievement Funding
- Confirmation of applicant’s selection or qualification for regional or national team from the relevant organisation.
- Pre-printed or bank verified deposit slip or bank statement for the account the funding is to be paid into.
- Identification copy and signed application form
For more information contact the Pūtea Manaaki Coordinator
Email [email protected]
Phone 0800 KAI TAHU (0800 524 8248) or 03 974 0326
Attn: Pūtea Manaaki Coordinator L4
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
15 Show Place