Pūtea Manaaki – Hardship
General Criteria for Funding Assistance
- Applicant must be registered on the Ngāi Tahu (Whakapapa) register.
- Applications can be submitted at any time on the official application form. The number of applications per person is limited to one per year. (Note: there is a 12 month stand down period from date of approval)
- Proof of identity is required e.g., drivers licence, passport, community services card.
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu staff are not eligible to apply.
Pūtea Manaaki – Hardship Grant
The purpose of this grants is to provide assistance for Ngāi Tahu tribal members towards essential living costs in situations of serious hardship (where there is no other avenue for help).
Specific Criteria for the Hardship Grant
- If you are receiving a benefit/superannuation from Work and Income NZ (WINZ), you should provide a letter from them which states details of your benefit and what assistance is or is not available.
- Applications must include:
- Most recent monthly bank statements for all bank accounts;
- Evidence of all other outstanding debts/accounts; and
- Pre-printed bank deposit slip or a bank approved deposit slip or a snippet of a bank statement confirming both the bank account name and bank account number (where request is for payment of a bill)
- Confirmation of all income, including partners income (if applicable)
- What steps you have taken to withdraw KiwiSaver funds (if applicable)
Additional hardship assistance
Additional assistance may be available through the following providers:
For more information contact the Pūtea Manaaki Coordinator
Email [email protected]
Phone 0800 KAI TAHU (0800 524 8248) or 03 974 0326
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
PO BOX 13-046